How To Play Mississippi Stud
Tension mounts as you flip your cards. A pair of jacks or better and you go home a winner. A royal flush has royal payouts at 500-1, regardless of your bet.
How To Play Mississippi Stud
Mississippi Stud is a five-card poker game. In Mississippi Stud, you win if your hand is a pair of jacks or better (pairs of 6’s–10’s push). The top payout is 500 to 1 for a royal flush–and it pays on all bets!
Make an ante bet to receive your first two cards. The dealer will place three community cards face down in the middle of the layout.
Play or Fold?
At this point, you may either fold or make the 3rd Street bet of 1x to 3x your ante. The dealer then reveals the first community card. Once you see the first community card, you have a choice: fold or make the 4th Street bet of 1x to 3x your ante. The dealer then reveals the second community card. Once again, you can fold or stay in the game by making the 5th Street bet from 1x to 3x your ante.
Note: When you fold, you forfeit all bets left in action.
Winning and Losing
After turning over the final community card, the dealer resolves all wagers left in action. You win if your five– card hand is a pair of jacks or better (pairs of 6’s–10’s push). See paytable for odds. $50,000 maximum payout per player per round does not apply to progressive wagers.
|Royal Flush||500 to 1|
|Straight Flush||100 to 1|
|Four of a Kind||40 to 1|
|Full House||10 to 1|
|Flush||6 to 1|
|Straight||4 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||3 to 1|
|Two Pairs||2 to 1|
|Pair of Jacks or Better||1 to 1|
|Pair of 6s thru 10s||Push|
A player can make a three- card wager by placing a wager in the betting spot. The three-card bonus is based on the three community cards. See paytable for odds.
|Mini Royal||50 to 1|
|Straight Flush||40 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||30 to 1|
|Straight||6 to 1|
|Flush||3 to 1|
|Pair||1 to 1|
Progressive Rules Of Play
- Mississippi Stud offers an optional progressive bonus wager.
- The bet considers the best hand possible among all the player’s cards.
- The paytable shown has been designed to work on a link together with the games Let It Ride and Ultimate Texas Hold’Em
|Four of a Kind||$1500|
|Three of a Kind||$45|
|*Original Wager is NOT Returned.
**Reflects a $5 wager.
- A player making the progressive bonus wager also qualifies to win an envy payout. If another player at the table hits a hand associated with an envy pay, all other players who made the progressive bonus wager win the envy pay. The player hitting the hand receives the normal prize pay only, but does NOT receive the envy pay. Rule of thumb: You can’t win an envy bonus pay from yourself, or the dealer. Folded hands do not qualify for progressive payouts but do qualify for envy bonus payouts.
- If a player’s hand triggers an envy payout, the dealer will leave the hand face-up on the layout; otherwise, the dealer will lock up the cards. The dealer will then move on to the next player.
- The dealer pays any Envy Bonuses at the end of the round. In the event that more than one player is involved in a qualifying envy pay, then all players win multiple envy payouts.
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER